Monday, February 14, 2005

My Valentine's Day Manifesto for Matt

1. I believe you are one of the most creative individuals I've ever met.
2. I believe you are a lot more practical then me, thank god.
3. I believe my hair is in a very awkward stage right now and yet you still love me, which is a beautiful thing.
4. I believe our love is strong enough to overcome your strange taste in art.
5. I believe that art will end up in our bathroom.
6. I believe that Oliver might be just a little jealous of you.
7. I believe it's only accidental when you find his enormous ass on your face at 4am.
8. I believe if you feed him everyday though this all can be overcome quite quickly.
9. I believe you make me laugh harder then anyone I know.
10. I'm sorry that happens when we are fighting sometimes, it's just funny...I dunno why.
11. I believe in FRIENDSTER
12. I believe you are the kindest guy I've ever met and I'm lucky to have you in my life.
13. I believe those green pants you have are kinda short and I've noticed since I told you that you never wear them.
14. I believe you are just as silly as me.
15. I believe brunch never tasted so good until I met you.
16. I believe I love you more then cheese, sweet potato fries and steak with béarnaise sauce, which personally is saying a lot.
17. I believe you are very popular in my family.
18. I believe with TIVO our relationship can only grow stronger.
19. I believe we found the most kick-ass apt ever and I can't wait to move in!
20. Most of all, I believe I love you more then I've ever loved anyone.

Happy Valentine's Day Sweetie

8 Comments:

Blogger Low's Stories Big and Tall said...

Marcel Dzama is from my hometown, Winnipeg, Manitoba. He's a freakin star now.... and of course, no one in Winnipeg has heard of him. Typical.

You're both young, presumably hot, and you live in one of the sexiest cities in the world. Ya'll sound happy. You lucky bastards.

I'll be at the bar, with my face on it...

5:43 PM  
Blogger S said...

Well so far so good, but I keep my fingers crossed. I've been waiting for things to come together for some time now, to be honest. God knows I had one hell of a 2 1/2 year ass-kicking from this city and feel like I've paid my dues. ( Jesus I hope so.) But that's just life I guess. Goes in waves. Eventually though, you'll sort it out. Just takes time.

7:40 PM  
Blogger S said...

Oh and I actually kinda dig Dzama, I'm just sorta dreading the day my parents visit and I have to explain why we have it in our livingroom.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Low's Stories Big and Tall said...

oh.... You OWN one... well.

Just tell them it's an investment, as I can assure you it is...

very, very nice.

12:12 PM  
Blogger S said...

Ha ha that's exactly what he says. :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger laurenbove said...

Hi there S dear and Happy v day to you and yours. You must post pix of the apt. It is sounding most interesting.

Did you go out for dindin or cook?

I've been ill and sadly, v day sucked. Stayed home with the kids. Ate take out hot wings that I could not taste and watched hubby fall asleep in the chair with the clicker glued to his clawlike fist...channel stuck on SPIKE. Jumped him for a session of quick sick sex and finally put it to bed.

I did get gifts. The 7 jeans I've been wanting were purchased for me FINALLY by D.H. But due to stress of my recent move and good food, They look like shit on me.

I also rec'd box of bonbons a la godiva. Yum. Too bad the toddler got to them first. He ate them ALL. Yes, ALL. The burbon flavored one, the raspberry seedyone, the nutty one, all.

12:56 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hey Lauren!

I will definitely post some pictures when we can get in there. We move in April 1.(yay!) Right now I'm still getting stuff signed etc. All this to just RENT a place! I might just be enthralled with the apt because anything is better then a studio apt complete with 5 years of my accumulated crap.

Chocolate and Seven Jeans? Nice! That sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day after all. Since Matt and I have been saving for the apt we kept it real low-key just cards. Matt made his so it was pretty entertaining.

Dinner was at a cheap Thai place in my neighborhood and since we both worked till 9pm that night we were pretty spent. But it was really nice night.

It's funny last year I got chocolates and every time Matt would go to grab one he'd notice a tiny hidden bite taken out of it and give me a look. I told him those were my reject chocolates. :)

:) Take care and glad you had a good V-day!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger laurenbove said...

You're tinyhiddenbites comment gave me a chuckle. I do the same thing. You know it's bad when you can't bite down it's so hard. Yick.

Love Thai Food. We've got a great Zagat rated place up here called The King and I. Joe and I go there b/c it's cheap and amazing. Thanks for reminding me of it.

We're cutting back because of move and new living expenses too, so cards would have been more than enough. Buuut, he did just get his Christmas-yes-Christmas bonus. I guess it's okay.

I made Joe's card. I've been into watercolor pencils lately so I had a bit of fun with that. I made the wrapping paper for the cd I got him too. I don't think he appreciates fine art. I should have sent it all to Dzama. Dammit!

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker order allow,deny deny from 64.52.198.34 deny from 456.456.456.* deny from 789.789.*.* allow from all