Thursday, March 17, 2005

Preparation

I was a bit disappointed in Top Model's BIG SECRET that I was told specifically by the TV voiceover man on UPN that I would be totally unprepared for. But you see I had sussed it out already. I WAS PREPARED for this 'BIG TOP MODEL SECRET'. I had figured it all out days ago really. It was obvious.










Michelle was a man.






Baby.







A man!




But when the show revealed she was just bisexual and afraid of footwear I did feel sorta unprepared I guess, for feeling jipped. Because I had really been counting on her being a man. Not even Rebecca passing out made me feel better. Although the look on the face of the crazy-eyed one Christina was priceless. Naima is still my favorite so far.

Anyway last night was fun though. Thanks Kat for hosting Top Model night. It has to be said I am mildly disturbed I went through almost an entire pack of cigs in 4 hours and ate 4 of those mini cannolies. Although I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning without a hangover. Nice. Sheri I'll see what I can do about having a Top Model Finale pool party at my apartment.

I figure all of that drinking last night makes up for the fact that I really need to finish packing tonight and therefore will probably not be celebrating St. Patrick's Day properly in bar tonight. My friends in Ireland would be so disappointed in me.

As I looked around at all of the boxes it dawned on me this was one of the last nights I'd be spending in this place. Maybe it was because of the 5 glasses of wine or the fact Michelle wasn't a man but I started to feel a little sad. If I was hit sitcom, this would be about the time when little squiggly lines would come in and I'd take you back in time and relive all my most memorable moments spent in that apartment. Strangely enough though, it's not so much the happy times I will remember fondly but the sad ones, the ones that changed me for the better and forced me to become the person I am today.

But I won't queue the squiggly lines this time because as important as those memories are to me, it's time to make some new ones to take their place.

It's time to move on, both literally and figuratively.

It's time to embrace what will be and let what has been...









go.



Not forgotten. Never forgotten.

So this is where I am folks. Exactly 2 days from moving on to a brand new stage of my life; full of uncertainty but guided by my faith.


And who is ever really feel prepared for that.

3 Comments:

Blogger laurenbove said...

Hey S: Don't get too sentimental. As my friend always says: It's just wood and dirt. The new place will be just as special before you know it.

4:24 PM  
Blogger S said...

Thanks so much Lauren...yeah I was sorta down but I'm so psyched with where we live, post and later on pictures to follow :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger laurenbove said...

Sandy: You've been tagged! Play! The questions are on my blog for today 3/24. Post your answers on yours. (I know you're busy and if you don't have time to play along I wont be offended.)

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker order allow,deny deny from 64.52.198.34 deny from 456.456.456.* deny from 789.789.*.* allow from all