Tuesday, March 01, 2005

We now return you to your previously scheduled programming

Dear god have I been busy. I apologize to some of you. I had something to do after work almost every day last week and work literally took over my life this past week. But it was worth it because I'm really getting to do some very cool stuff and have been given a lot of responsibility lately which is real nice albeit a bit stressy at times. However, it seemed like I averaged about 4 hours of sleep every night, which culminated into me being a complete zombie by last Friday for a friend's birthday party. When I get really tired I do weird things like lose my sense of depth perception and walk into the corner of a wall. (check) Say entire sentences that clearly make sense in my mind but apparently not to anyone else. (check) Or better yet completely replace entire words with other completely random words because I happen to be thinking about a certain word, which is always fun. (check) I also will lose a thought seconds after I've opened my mouth in a meeting and then spend the next 3 minutes rambling about I have no idea what (check) or my personal favorite from last week, walk directly into a pole in the subway station while trying to get something out of my bag. Hot.

Side note I'm listening to Cities of Dust by Siouxsie and The Banshees and it's completely bringing me back to high school. Fucking great song. Any moment I might have to break out my wicked awesome Marshfield Masshole accent. Ahh high school...but I digress.

I'm heading home to my roots this weekend although my parents live on Cape Cod now but I will be stopping into to De-lux-bury MA to see my older sister, husband and baby Robbie. Aside from the prospect of knowing I have to take the PeterPan bus to get there, I'm pretty stoked.

So I like to make sure I have the bare essentials for a long bus trip from hell...such things as...

US Weekly I like US Weekly because it has pictures of "fat" celebrities and shows me when plastic surgery goes wrong, which is important because otherwise I might be jealous of thier lives. I also like it because it's important to me to know what Paris Hilton's text messages were. Obviously.

Star magazine
Now I know what you're thinking..." But Sandy Star magazine is the same as US Weekly." Um...no it's not. If I didn't read star I wouldn't know that Brad and Jen were getting divorced, yeah....put that in your pipe and smoke it. Which I can't speak for you guys but this greatly impacts my life. I mean GOD,if those two kids can't make it? Who can? Oh Jen,Hollywood is a cruel mistress.

Then I like to bring a book, because after part of my brain has rotted away from reading those magazines and I'm tired of seeing fuzzy, partically obstructed distance shots it's important for me to replace some of those brain cells. Unfortunately, I just finished reading this and don't have a book lined up. Any suggestions?

Next it's important to have some junk food goodness with you. I like doritos.

Water.

Ipod with special drive to Boston mix.

Here is mine. Sandy's Peterpan Fungus-bus Mix

Blasphemous Rumours- Depeche Mode
Hit- The Sugarcubes
There's No Other Way -Blur
I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses
Cities in Dust- Siouxsie and The Banshees
How Do You Say...Love - Deee-Lite
What You Waiting For?-Gwen Stefani
Warm Road -Benzos
So Broken- Bjork
Head over heels -Cocteau Twins
Sooner or Later- The English Beat
Cottonwool (Lamb remix)-Fila Brazillia
Naked In The City Again -Hot Hot Heat
Heaven- Lamb
This Charming man- The Smiths
Spitting Games- Snow Patrol
The Vanishing- Stars
One in a Lifetime- Talking Heads
Blanket-Urban Species
My Generation- The Who
The Promise- When In Rome
Distractions- Zero 7
Criminal-Fiona Apple
Poison-Prodigy
Nowhere Again- The Secret Machines


Here's to Good times on the PeterPan Bus.

I'm ready for a little trip home after such a crazy week though. My lungs are still recovering from Wednesday night. Damn Top Model requires a lot of smoking. I think one of the cooler moments of the night was when Anna's friend Sheri started telling me about a funny story she read on a blog about a girl moving into her first apartment and midway through I realized she was talking about my blog ha ha. (Hi Sheri!) It was great having everyone over and I'm looking forward to having a bigger place to host these things. It was a bit crowded in the ol'studio. It was also cool to catch up with friends I hadn't seen all week and get caught up on the latest. We’ll do it again :) More wine next time.

I already have my Top Model favorites, so far it's her and her we'll see how it turns out.

I'll be in Boston this weekend so doubtful I'll post till Monday. Have a good one!

3 Comments:

Blogger AJB said...

What about Kahlen?? We all like her!! You can't not like someone we ALL like, okay? I wholeheartedly discourage independent thinking. Have fun at home!

2:51 PM  
Blogger laurenbove said...

S: Have fun in Boston. Let us know how the big dig is going. Don't forget to take the baby to the Aquarium. You know you can buy tickets directly at the IMAX office and skip the big lines if there are any. Shhhh....don't tell anyone. Check out Legal if you haven't already been for a great dinner. I've brought my child even though he was only little and they accomodated nicely. It's right across diagonally from the Aquarium.

Cheers!

4:13 PM  
Blogger S said...

so weird my comment is not showing up... an hour later?

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker order allow,deny deny from 64.52.198.34 deny from 456.456.456.* deny from 789.789.*.* allow from all