Friday, April 15, 2005

What a difference a day makes.

This week has been insane. I've worked on average till 12am every night and nearly lost it one night working till 3am. But it's Friday and my friend Soph is here visiting from SF (Hi Soph!) and I couldn't be more excited for the weekend! I also just got my first paycheck with the raise and it's more then I had calculated so shopping tomorrow with the girls is really going to be fun. I'm actually looking to score some things for my trip to Italy in May. I'm all about getting cute summery skirts.

Tonight we have reservations here and then we're off to see a show here. I'm looking forward to just hanging out, drinking and catching up with some of my most favorite people. Much needed after a week of complete and utter stress. Yesterday was cool though being recognized for getting promoted. Although I fucking cracked up when I heard that my CD had made an announcement to the whole office that I got promoted and apparently everyone on my floor stood up and clapped only to realize that I actually wasn't at my desk. Classic.

My friend Anna wrote a post a few weeks back talking about all the things she's excited for and being that I'm in such a great mood I figured it seems appropriate. Although I'd like to add things in general I'm happy about.

1. Trip to Italy! I'll be going here for a wedding and then traveling here and here.
2. My birthday! Matt has some "surprise" in the works, which is both incredibly sweet and somewhat frightening. But I'm excited and since several people are in on it I am just gonna go with the flow on this one.
3. Chilling with my girls this weekend, lot's of late night stoned conversations and laughing till we can't breath.
4. Planning my sister's bacholorette party, I would talk about it but she reads this from time to time (Hi Erin!) so she's just going to have to wait and see. It's gonna be very creative though *insert evil laugh*
5. A weekend that Matt doesn't have to work. This is truly a beautiful thing; I look forward to sleeping in and generally being slothful together.
6. Shopping...okay okay I know I mentioned that above but it's been soooooooooooo long since I've been able to do this and much worked for so I'm so psyched.
7. My sister's wedding in July, okay it's a ways off but seriously I can't even tell you how psyched I am for this. 2 of my favorite people, getting married in the most gorgeous place on Cape Cod, with incredible food, family and friends it is going to be amazing.
8. Getting a manicure and pedicure...another thing I rarely treat myself to but feel like I earned this week so I'm gonna enjoy that bitch.
9. The fact that the move is finally behind me and I'm loving where I live. Last weekend I took a walk around my neighborhood taking pictures. It's just a beautiful part of Brooklyn with so many hidden cool places to go. I can't wait to get happy hour drinks with Anna and co. some night and explore some of the surrounding bars. Especially in the summer!
10. Warm weather, drinks outside, all the college kids leaving, late nights of drinking and dancing, backyard BBQ's (Sheri I can't wait!!!) Roof parties, movies outside and falling in love with NYC all over again.

Have a good one.

1 Comments:

Blogger laurenbove said...

Your post really lightened me up! It's nice to hear such wonderful things. You have a lot to look forward too!

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker order allow,deny deny from 64.52.198.34 deny from 456.456.456.* deny from 789.789.*.* allow from all